Read Top Translator Interview




Are you planning to find translator’s view on everything from finding clients to the future of professional translation sector? If yes, it’s better to interview one of the best translators. Roy is English to Spanish translator who specializes in security/military, education, legal, general business and IT translation (software, apps and games).

In fact, the staggering numbers highlight the need for professional app translation by hard-working linguists such as Roy. Let’s read some questions asked to Roy during interview such as:

· How long you have worked as a professional translator?

I have been working in the translation industry for over 13 years which includes seven years as a freelancer.

· Do you translate fulltime or undertake any other type of work?

Indeed, I am a fulltime translator. I also do pro bono work teaching in weekends.

· What first attracted you towards a career in translation?

Started reviewing translations as part of my job at a publishing company and eventually began with translating some projects until I decided to become fulltime translator.

· How do you ensure that your language skills up to date?

Indeed, I am a compulsive reader, devouring everything from newspapes to the last novel published.

· What do you think is the best part of being a professional translator?

Well, you get to decide what you want to work on and who you work for.

· What is the worst part of being a translator?

Honestly, there are not so many bad things about the profession but what bothers me most are short deadlines, particularly when they are all at the same time.


· How do you find your translation clients?

These days, I don’t. When I started as a freelancer, I used proz.com and translatorscafe.com to find agency clients. Now, I have had the same regular clients for more than seven years. Every now and then, a new client appears but I don’t have to search for them. Until a regular client disappears, I prefer to stick to my client base.

· Hardest translation task that you have ever completed and why?

Long ago, I accepted and never did it again. It was a job to translate a will that ended in being a photocopy of handwritten document that was almost impossible to read.

However, if it’s about hiring pocket-friendly Spanish translation services in Gurgaon, I would suggest you to consider the services being offered at Tridindia Translation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

German Translation To Get Business Support From The German Client

Know the myths about Chinese translation and crack the first deal

When to Look For Native and Consistent French Translation Services?